Saturday, August 29, 2009

Here are several images of the process in creating my tea cozies. It's generally the same Artfelt process as other items I make.







For the smaller, individual shapes I use cookie cutters as a mold and thoroughly poked the edges of the wool around the perimeter of the cutter with my felting needle in order to get a good shape. I wasn't satisfied with how the butterflies looked after they were felted, so I created another pair that I used as the top embellishment.


After it's felted, I needle felt the leaves on to the surface and then sew the flower layers with a bead as a center embellishment. I use fabric glue and needle felting to attach the two halves around the top part, and buttons with elastic cord for the bottom under the spout and handle.

The thick wool helps keep your tea nice and hot for quite a long time.





No comments:

Post a Comment